Chevening Scholarship is an international awards system of the UK government. It is a completely sponsored masters scholarship for foreign students which covers university tuition costs, a monthly living stipend, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and added grants and stipends to fund essential expenses.
This opportunity gives imminent leaders and influencers from the entire world a distinctive opportunity to grow professionally and educationally, make connections broadly, experience UK culture, and create lasting beneficial interactions with the UK. Chevening aims to develop worldwide leaders. There will be about 1,500 scholarships being distributed globally.
Chevening provides 2 types of awards: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships. Recipients are categorically selected throughout the globe by British embassies and high commissions.
Chevening Scholarship – Summary
- Study Level: Masters
- Academic Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Available Courses: Master’s Degree Program in any field
- Duration of Program: it is contingent on the selected program, but not more than one year postgraduate course.
- Deadline: November 2nd, 2021
Benefits of Chevening Scholarship
Recipients of Chevening Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly allowance
- UK to and from travel expenses
- An arrival stipend
- A homeward departure stipend
- The cost of one visa application
- Chevening events in the UK – travel grant
Eligibility for Chevening Scholarship
To meet the criteria for Chevening Scholarship, candidates must satisfy the conditions below:
- Required Language: English language
- Eligible Nations: The awards are directed to citizens of Chevening-eligible nations.
- Check the official webpage for full list of nations qualified for Chevening scholarships.
- Go back to your country of citizenship for at least two years after your scholarship has finished.
- Should have done all undergraduate degree components that will allow entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is characteristically equal to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK, but may differ depending on your program and university choice.
- Applicants should have at least 2 years (equal to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Do apply to 3 separate qualified UK university courses and have gotten an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14th July, 2022.
Persons not qualified for a Chevening Scholarship:
- Those that have British or dual British citizenship (except you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Those that have refugee status in a non-Chevening qualified nation. Those who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible state and who have refugee status in a Chevening-eligible nation are eligible for a scholarship.
- Persons who are employees, past employees, or relatives of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the 2 two years from the opening of Chevening applications.
- Persons who are staffs, past employees, or relatives of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are qualified to apply, but if the employment took place in the last 2 years, you cannot get a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which you work, earlier worked, or are associated with through relatives.
- Person who have earlier studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarship
To avail for Chevening Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Pick your nation here, and then select Chevening Scholarship.
- Generate an account here.
- Fill your profile with your personal details, save the data and authenticate your profile, then begin your application.
- Finish the quiz to guarantee your eligibility for the scholarship.
- Fill the application with the necessary data and prepare the documents listed below:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to 3).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to 3) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by 14th July 2022).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be requested to upload 2 references. The deadline is 22nd February, 2022).
- Passport / ID document.
- Submit the application.
To inquire further about about Chevening Scholarships, please visit official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.