Centre for African Studies, SOAS University of London is delighted to declare that they are offering the Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship to African. The award has the objective to assist PhD studentships directed at the area of state capacities, governance, and bureaucracy for development. African students who are zealous about advancing in their academic pursuits are encouraged to apply.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation – About
MIF is an African foundation, created in 2006 with one focus: the dire significance of governance and leadership in Africa. It is our conviction that governance and leadership lie at the heart of any concrete and shared development in the quality of life of African people. LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE IN AFRICA is about making choices, differentiating priorities, and taking chances. Governance is about appropriately documenting and effectively executing these choices.
The award is financed by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, and focuses on supporting African PhD students with projects structured to comprehend public sector governance competences, state business relations, political settlements, the governance of development policy design and implementation, the governance of state owned initiatives, and so on.
SOAS University of London – About
SOAS University of London is recognized as the School of Oriental and African Studies. It is a research university in London, England, and an extension institution of the federal University of London. The institution was established in 1916, and located in the Bloomsbury part of central London.
SOAS is one of the world’s foremost institutes for the study of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. It has the Brunei Gallery, which organizes a program of changing existing and historical exhibitions from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East with the aim to present and promote cultures from these places.
The institution is fragmented into 3 faculties: The Faculty of Languages and Cultures and Faculty of Law, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, and Social Sciences.
The campus is situated in the Bloomsbury part of central London, near Russell Square. It contains College Buildings, Brunei Gallery, and Faber Building.
Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship – Summary
- Award Type: Postgraduate
- Awarding Organization: Mo Ibrahim Foundation
- Country to Study: United Kingdom
- School to Study: University of London
- Course to Study: Not stated
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
Benefits of Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship will the offered the benefits below:
- The scholarship focuses on supporting African PhD students with projects intended to understand the governance of state owned enterprises state business relations, political settlements, public sector governance competences, the governance of development policy design and implementation, and so on.
Eligibility for Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship
To be eligible for Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Interested applicants must first get an unconditional offer for the PhD at SOAS in eligible departments.
- Interested applicants must have gotten appropriate bachelor and master’s degree from an accepted institution of higher learning.
- Interested applicants must show excellent academic and leadership abilities.
Credentials Needed for Application
Applicant must submit the documents listed below:
- One copy of the unconditional offer gotten from SOAS admissions office.
- CV (ensure you add your email address).
- Statement detailing knowledge and interest in governance-related issues (2 pages max).
- A research proposal.
- One academic reference (to be forwarded straight by referee to email@example.com).
Deadline of Application: Not stated
How to Apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship
To apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested and qualified applicants should go to Mo Ibrahim Foundation on docs.google.com to apply.
- Interested applicants are to apply online by filling out the online application form before the application deadline.
To inquire further about Mo Ibrahim Foundation GDAI Scholarship, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.