PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh are completely funded scholarships for international students. PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh funds tuition fee with maintenance fee of £14,500 per annum.
The University of Edinburgh Business School has triple accreditation, which are granted by: The EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), and The Association of MBAs (AMBA).
Applicants are advised to apply early. Students can be accepted by supervisors on a first-come, first-served basis, and the application window may be early if it reaches capacity. It can be competitive. Academic documents are no doubt important for a successful application, also, pay close attention to the suitability of students to both the program and the research interests of the faculty. For further information, click here
- Study Level: PhD
- Institution(s): University of Edinburgh
- Study in: UK
- Program Period: 3 to 6 years.
- Courses Offered: Finance, Accounting, Business and Climate Change
- Deadline: May 31st, 2021
Benefits of PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh
PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh will provide the beneficiary benefits below:
- Non-European Union applicants: standard non-EU tuition fee with maintenance fee of £14,500 annually
- European Union applicants: standard EU tuition fee with maintenance fee of £14,500 annually
- Successful candidates will be expected to make contribution to teaching programs
Eligibility for PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh
Applicants must satisfy the prerequisites below to be eligible for PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh:
- Required Language:
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world
- Applicants must hold a postgraduate MSc dissertation with distinction (UK equivalent).
- Applicants must hold postgraduate MSc degree from a recognized academic institution in the UK or abroad with a proof of above-average academic attainment (above 65% overall in your Masters)
- MSc scholars or MBA scholars without a dissertation are welcome to apply and they have to provide evidence of distinction level (UK equivalent).
- Official transcript
- Grading scheme.
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System score of a minimum of 7.0 overall, or the equivalent from the approved list of certificates.
- Applicants will have to write a research proposal. Look here
- In their application, applicants must name a supervisor of interest (or up to three in order of preference) for their application to be considered or will be chosen by the Faculty
- Two references letters are obligatory in support of the scholarship application.
- If an applicant’s PhD program application comprises two reference letters, these will be utilized to meet this requirement. If not, these will be requested by the School.
Browse research area Look here Required Documents Look here
- More on English Language Prerequisites Look here
- For foreign student, they may need to apply for permission to study in the UK. Student Administration provides details on immigration and visa prerequisites for students.
- For further details, click here. For prerequisites follow this link
How to Apply for PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh
Follow the guidelines below to avail PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh:
- Apply – application procedure for PhD program Follow this link.
- Applicants have to submit their online application for the PhD program by the scholarship deadline.
- The online scholarship application form is to be found in EUCLID, and access can be gained to EUCLID through MyEd, web-based information portal.
- Follow the scholarship application guidance.
- When logging in to MyEd, applicants will need their UUN (University User Name) and password. If assistance is required, please see the University’s Student Systems support pages or contact Admissions Team.
- Application via MyEd from here
- For application guidance follow this link
- Applicants that get shortlisted should expect to show up for an interview either in person, on the telephone or via Skype, or to have been interviewed already by a potential supervisor.
- Scholarships beneficiaries are expected to be declared after 30 April.
To inquire further about PhD Scholarships at University of Edinburgh, please visit Official Website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here