Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship is open to receive applications for the 2022 phase. Beneficiaries of Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship are hosted by and based in research teams at Chatham House. In the course of the fellowship, the recipient will carry out a research project of their own design which falls in the specified research topics.
Chatham House – About
Chatham House is membership-based, with a variety of membership options for companies, academic institutions, NGOs, and individuals, including students and under-30s. Additionally to corporate members consisting of government departments, academic institutions, investment banks, NGOs, large corporations, energy companies and other organizations, Chatham House’s individual members presently include international leaders from business, diplomacy, science, politics and media
Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship – Summary
Application Deadline: 28th June, 2021 at 5pm (BST).
Eligible Nations: This fellowship award is open to inhabitants of all nations.
To be taken at (country): The beneficiary will be based full-time at Chatham House, London. UK.
Award Type: Fellowship (Academic, Career)
Duration of Fellowship: The fellowship award is for a ten-month term.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
The context for the research topics have been structured in broad terms to allow candidates to develop a project that appeal to their own research interests.
The Research Topics are specified on the Program Official Webpage (Link below)
Eligibility for Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship
To be eligible for Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- The opportunity is open to all nationalities.
- It is necessary that the candidate has a completed BA degree or equivalent, Master’s degree with an international focus is preferred.
- The fellowship award is intended at applicants at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, government departments, business, civil society or the media. They should have knowledge of, and an interest in the policy challenges connected to global governance laid out on the Fellowships page.
Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship – Selection Criteria
The best applicants typically have many or all of the following characteristics:
- Applicants should have notable proof of their leadership experience and background (personal or professional).
- They should have capability to explore problems with an all-inclusive and all-encompassing perspective, with a natural interest towards issues, and areas in the wider environment around their more precise research area of expertise.
- They should have unique, pertinent and clear research project proposal – feasible in the given timeline of the fellowship.
- They should have appropriate background experience, proven through their curriculum vitae.
- They should have solid track record in their area of specialization, as well as delivering research.
- They should have good writing, presentation skills and a publishing record.
- They should have an awareness of the international context of their research.
- A post-fellowship strategy indicating how the candidate will apply their skills, knowledge and experience to impact and influence in their home country or region.
- A clear vision of their influence on the Academy program and fellowship cohort.
- Candidates must adhere to specified word limits, and are advised to go through the details on the Academy’s webpages before applying. Late or incomplete applications will not be acknowledged, nor will any extra or supplementary materials.
Benefits of Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship
Beneficiaries of Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship will be offered the benefits below:
- The beneficiary will get a monthly allowance of £2,365.
- Modest provision is made for the expenses of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
How to Apply for Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship
To apply for Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship application form is available here.
- GOOD LUCK!
To inquire further about Richard and Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship, please visit the official website.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here.